· A team may consist of up to four secondary school students from grade 9 to 12 enrolled in the same school with an advisor from the same school. Each school can register more than one team. All the teams from the same school have to start the contest at the same time.
· The advisor of the teams from the same school needs to open an account and register at the website: http://im2c-canada.math.yorku.ca/login/ by 3 pm, April 21, 2017.
· The advisor will be given access to the modeling problem when the problem is available. Once the advisor downloads the problem, the contest clock starts for all the teams in the same school.
· The contest runs between 4 pm. EDT Monday, March 13th, 2017 and 4:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 26, 2017. Each school will decide on a consecutive 5-day period between March 13 and April 26, 2017 to work on the contest problem. For example, the contest for your school could be from 8:00 a.m. on March 21 until 8:00 a.m. on March 26. Your school's contest ends upon completion of the 5 day period.
· Advisors must ensure that the teams follow the rules and that no alterations of any form are made after the end of your 5 day period. An Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word file of your solution must be collected from students at this time and be uploaded to the advisor’s account at http://im2c-canada.math.yorku.ca for judging. (In case of any problem in uploading, you may email the modeling solution to email@example.com ). DO NOT include programs or software with your email as they will not be used in the judging process.
· All papers must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
· A signed Parental/Guardian Authorization form must be included for each participating student. Schools should scan and upload the signed forms to the advisor’s account at http://im2c-canada.math.yorku.ca (In case of any problem in uploading, you may email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org )